Wednesday 13 April 2016

Bridget Sloan talks about Marvin Sharp

Bridget Sloan does not recall bad moments with her former coach. Only good.

The Pittsboro gymnast has had nearly seven months to process events surrounding Marvin Sharp, who was held on four counts of child molesting and three counts of sexual misconduct with a minor. He was found dead in his Marion County Jail cell Sept. 19, 2015 in what was ruled a suicide. Sharp was 49.

“I definitely had a few rough weeks. It was a very big shock,” Sloan said. …

“I told my parents, ‘I want to be kept out of it,’ ” Sloan said. “There was nothing I could do in Florida to help or fix anything.”

She added: “Marvin was a very, very important person in my life. He will always be an important person in my life. No one will ever be able to take away what we went through and what we accomplished together.” …

“When we were in the gym, it was strictly coach and athlete,” she said. “Nothing else.” …

Olympic gymnast Bridget Sloan opens up on coach’s death, final meet

(via papaliukin)

No comments:

Post a Comment