Friday 22 April 2016

Marisa Dick press conference

Marisa and her mother were in Trinidad yesterday facing the press.

… “I am really proud that T&T will be represented in the Olympics whether it’s myself or Thema. Gymnastics is a growing sport in T&T and the Olympics is the biggest event in sport. For T&T to be represented in the Olympics is just really exciting,” she said.

press conference

On all the negative attention gymnastics has been getting in the media Dick added: “This is tough, it gets in your head. You have to focus on what is important …

She said Williams has supported her. “Yes she supported me in Rio and I supported her after Worlds. I was heartbroken that I would not be the one going to the Olympics but I was so supportive of her because it’s T&T that will be going to the Olympics it’s not myself or Thema it’s T&T. …

Guardian

Thema flew to Trinidad, as well. She has many supporters who’d like to see her reinstated as the Olympian for T&T. That’s impossible, however. If Marisa is unable to compete for any reason that spot will go to another nation.

Thema

via @GymCastic

No comments:

Post a Comment