Tuesday 6 December 2016

Fit at 56: Lucie Hobart

Lucie Hobart is 56 years old and says she has no idea what age means anymore.

“I started CrossFit when I was 52,” she says, “but here I am … four years later, so I’m 56, and I know I am the healthiest today that I have ever been in my entire life, which really blows my mind.”

Mother to James Hobart, CrossFit Games Affiliate Cup competitor and a member of CrossFit’s Level 1 Seminar Staff, Lucie says her perspective on aging has changed since she started CrossFit.

When James noticed his mom was complaining about more aches and pains as she got older, he knew it was time to help her make a positive change.

“What CrossFit … can provide for masters athletes is perhaps the single most important piece of information that we have to offer,” James says. “I think that’s who CrossFit is really meant for.”

Now, Lucie has achieved things she never thought possible—such as getting her first strict pull-up.

“That has to be so far probably the biggest milestone in CrossFit,” she says. “To be able to pull up my own body weight.”

Video by Michael Dalton.

9min 30sec

Additional reading: “For the Ages” by CrossFit Media, published Oct. 16, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment