At this year’s Paleo F(x) conference in Austin, we had a chance to interview one of the primary spokespeople for the Paleo movement, Mark Sisson. You know him from Mark’s Daily Apple, his website and blog dedicated to “primal living in the modern world.” A true Paleo hipster, Mark has been preaching the primal diet gospel since before it was cool.
Mark’s interest in primal living can be traced back to college, where he became really interested in evolution and human DNA. He later worked as the anti-doping commissioner for the sport of triathlon worldwide. As the guy who oversaw every hearing, he learned a ton––not just about the off-limits performance-enhancing drugs, but about the healthy supplements and eating styles competitive athletes and little old ladies alike can use to reach their full potential.
These two threads of experience set Mark up for a career in discovering the health lessons of our ancient ancestors and applying them to our daily lives. In particular, he’s developed interest in how we can “turn on” certain strands of our DNA in order to live the best we can.
Twenty-one years ago, Mark started his own supplement company, all while he was married with two kids, and no money in the bank. Today, in addition to his nutritional supplement line and his best-selling books, Mark’s Primal Kitchen brand will keep you from having to eat gross mayonnaise. Mark’s newest book, The Primal Kitchen Cookbook: Eat Like Your Life Depends on It! is hot off the presses. He told us he refuses to eat a single bite of food that isn’t delicious, so this is a good guide to check out.
Get 15% ALL of Mark’s books, supplements, paleo mayo, snacks and etc with the code ‘GROK15“.
In this week’s episode, we interview Mark Sisson about:
- How the right eating habits and exercise can alter our DNA
- Why our workouts need to be playful in order to be successful long-term
- What to put in your exercise pyramid
- What to expect when you switch to a ketogenic diet
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for video:
- Learn more about the Primal Blueprint.
- Get 15% all Primal Blueprint and Primal Kitchen products with the promo code “GROK15“. Click here to shop all products.
- Subscribe to Barbell Shrugged on Youtube, Facebook and Instagram for the newest episodes and updates.
The post Being the Boss of Your DNA with Mark Sisson – Episode 267 appeared first on Barbell Shrugged.