Tuesday 4 October 2016

How to “Listen to Your Body”: Stress Testing w/ Zach Greenwald of Strength Ratio


How many times have you heard someone suggest to “listen to your body”?

I know we’ve said it a bunch of times, but how do you actually do that? And can you actually do that in an objective way rather than go with intuition or guessing?

You can with this simple stress test that my coach, Zach Greenwald, of Strength Ratio has taught and asked me to do as part of my strength and conditioning training.

While it’s simple, it’s extremely powerful. It’ll give you that measure of how physically and perhaps even mentally stressed your body is. Now you can actually know whether it’s a day you should back off or go hard in the paint for that new PR.

I’ve used this test everyday and it’s allowed me to push my body to the limits it can go to get stronger and help me stay healthy and injury-free while recovering from a low back injury that plagued me for months.

So watch this video and let me know what you think. And if you implement it into your training, be sure to let me know how it works for you.

Alex

For more:

 

 

The post How to “Listen to Your Body”: Stress Testing w/ Zach Greenwald of Strength Ratio appeared first on Barbell Shrugged.

No comments:

Post a Comment