Tuesday 4 October 2016

Mike Bledsoe’s Morning Smoothie


This past July I ditched bacon, eggs, and bulletproof coffee.

It has been one of the best things I’ve done for my health.

I attended a retreat and subjected myself to whatever dietary recommendations were being made by those hosting the retreat. This was not your typical health and fitness retreat. It was a deep dive into myself with others. The goal was not focused on making a muscle bigger or recovering from WODs. It was about overall wellness and considering the entire system when making choices in life.

It was there I was introduced to many new foods, supplements and ideas. As soon as I got home I decided that the first meal of my day would be loaded with as many high quality nutrients as possible. And I’m not talking about how much protein, fat and carbs I am getting. That’s important and overstated in our industry.

I’m talking about vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and a ton of other stuff that we may not even be aware of just yet. I’ve found those supplements that are as close to nature as possible. Those products that create harmony in your body so that it can heal, repair and recover itself optimally. I’m seeking those supplements that have the best bioavailability to the body as well. It might not matter that you’re getting x amount of a nutrient in your body if it’s not setup to be accepted by your body.

Most of what I put in my morning smoothie is supported by many studies and some other not as much. I’ve played with what is commonly accepted by science as what is good for us. I’m still doing what science suggests and now I’m also playing with those things that are not commonly accepted… yet.

Over the years I’ve tuned myself to know what feels good when it’s in my system. I don’t solely rely on a study done at a school run by 23 year old graduate students using 19 year college students as guinea pigs. I put it in my body and I notice how it feels, how I look and perform over time. I recommend you do the same.

My Morning Super Smoothie recipe:

12 oz water

1 tbsp coconut oil

5g of creatine

1 tbsp of Metamorphasis

1/2 tsp Super Human Probiotics

3 tbsp of Cacao

1 scoop of Vital Proteins Greens

1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides

2 scoop of Rootz *use “barbellshrugged” at checkout for 10% off

1-2 tbsp raw almond butter

1 cup of frozen mixed berries (blueberries and blackberries)

1 big leaf stalk of kale

There are a lot of supplements and foods that didn’t make it into this recipe. There were things I tried and I decided to cut out or I used another brand that I liked better because I know that the ingredients were sourced more sustainably or the raw ingredients were “cleaner”. I did not choose the ingredients by how much they cost or how much money I thought I could make promoting them. This is 100% what I have purchased for myself and have tried. I want the highest quality food in my body and I recommend you try to do the same.

Enjoy

Mike

 

The post Mike Bledsoe’s Morning Smoothie appeared first on Barbell Shrugged.

No comments:

Post a Comment